The Hong Kong Museum of Art established in 1962; it has the mission of preserving the cultural heritage of China and promoting the production of local art. This art gallery is located in Tsim Sha Tsui since 1991, when it moved from the City Hall in Hong Kong Island.
The museum houses collections of more than 15,700 artistic pieces, from antique Chinese treasures to calligraphy pieces andChinese paintings of historical significance and current local creations.
In addition, the museum displays thematic exhibitions from overseas sources to preserve an international appeal as well.
- It opens:
- Every day: from 10am to 6pm
- Saturdays: from 10am to 8pm
- On Christmas Eve and Chinese New Year's Eve:from 10am to 5pm
- It closes:
- On Thursdays that are not public holidays
- On the first two days of the Chinese New Year
- It’s located in 175 Tung Hei Road, Shau Kei Wan, Hong Kong
- Admission Prices: (Hong Kong Dollars)
- Standard: $10
- Fulltime students: $5
- People with disabilities: $5
- Elderly (above 60 years old): $5
- Groups (more than 20 people): $7
- Admission is free on Wednesdays
- Contact information:
- Phone number: (+85) 2 2721 0116
- Fax number: (+85) 2 2723 7666
« Museums in Hong Kong