China is an Asian country that is characterized for its genius, noble and hardworking people who have contributed to the world. Furthermore, there are some revolutionary people who have tried to change some ideologies and established rules in order to find a better way to live the life. This is the case of the Dr Sun Yat-Sen.
He was born on November 12th, 1866 and died in 1925. Sun Yan-Sen was an important doctor and principal revolutionary leader in his political party called Nationalist China. He is also known as the father of the Republic of China. However, his life was full of political problems that led him to leave the country several times.
This notable person loved Hong Kong as his homeland. In fact, he received his university education and began most of his revolutionary plans in the city of Hong Kong. That is why travelers can find a magnificent and stunning museum in honor to this notable Chinese citizen; the museum is called Dr Sun Yan-sen Museum.
This amazing cultural center provides tourists two important exhibitions during the day. In this fashion, taking Dr Sun Yat-sen Museum Guided Tour is a must in order to understand the revolutionary life of Sun Yat-Sen during the 19th and 20th centuries.
The DrSun Yat-sen Museum is a large facility dedicated to the work of the worldwide known revolutionary that dedicated his life to settle the bases of the republic of China during the last dynasty that the mainland endured, the Qing Dynasty.
The close relationship forged between this remarkable revolutionary and Hong Kong during his secondary and superior education, (where he forged his uprising strategies), motivated the creation of this museum that features the life and work of Dr Sun Yat-sen.
- It opens:
- On weekdays and Saturdays: from 10am to 6pm
- On Sundays and public holidays: from 10am to 7pm
- It closes:
- On Thursdays that are not: public holidays, November 12 (Dr Sunís birth date) and March 12 (Dr Sunís death date)
- On the first two days of the Chinese New Year
- Located in 7 Castle Road, Mid-Levels, Central, Hong Kong
- Prices: (Hong Kong Dollars)
- Standard tickets (Adults): $10
- Fulltime students: $5
- Elderly (above 60 years old): $5
- People with disabilities: 5$
- Groups (more than 20 people) $7
- Admission is free on Wednesdays, March 12 and November 12.
ę Museums in Hong Kong