This is a simple soup that can be consumed in every season but it is preferable in melon season, the texture that combines the melon and the stock is tender and beautifully flavored.
- ½ kg Melon
- 1 cup stock
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon finely chopped bacon or Chinese ham.
- 1 finely chopped sprig coriander (cilantro).
- Ground white pepper at taste.
- Sea salt at taste
1. Wash the melon for a moment then take out the green skin (peel it), while you are peeling the melon be sure to secure the melon holding up in a rough surface in order to avoid the knife slip.
2. Slice the melon into small pieces so that they fit in the blender.
3. Process the melon in the blender for about 15 seconds or until the content of the vase looks like shaved ice.
4. Add the flesh melon and stock in a saucepan at medium heat and wait until they boil. Once boiling wait for two or three minutes until the melon turns transparent, then add the seasoning and coriander, finally add toasted bacon (or Chinese ham). Serve hot.
« Hong Kong Recipes